With professional baseball shut down for the foreseeable future, many sports fans are bereft without their favorite game. Luckily, gaming can step into the gap. For instance, a brand new gameplay trailer for Super Mega Baseball 3 has cropped up that gives a peek at some new gameplay footage as well as an overview of the game! SMB3 is expected to launch later in April for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Steam for $45.
The game is said to feature the deepest on-field simulation yet, comprehensive online and offline game modes including a brand new Franchise mode, along with vastly refined graphics. In addition, SMB3 offers a retooled user interface, tons of new audio, team/character content, and stadiums with variable lighting conditions.
Learn more on the Super Mega Baseball 3 official site.
Super Mega Baseball 3 features
- Challenge your hand-eye coordination or relax and hit dingers with fluid gameplay that scales seamlessly from novice to beyond-expert levels of difficulty.
- Apply and refine your baseball instincts with a sophisticated baseball simulation featuring new pickoff and stealing mechanics, wild pitches/passed balls, designated hitters, and situational player traits.
- Take in the sights and sounds of 14 richly detailed ballparks, each featuring unique day, night and alternate lighting conditions.
- Guide an evolving team to greatness over multiple seasons in the all-new Franchise mode featuring player development, aging, retirement, and signing/releasing of free agents (1vCPU, 2vCPU, local or online).
- Compete online to win pennants and climb to higher divisions in the cross-platform Pennant Race mode (1v1, online-only, controller only).
- Create your ideal league with a comprehensive customization suite that includes season length/structure, team names/uniforms/logos, and player names/appearance/attributes.
- Play or simulate any combination of games/teams in customized Seasons and Elimination brackets, solo or with friends (1vCPU, 2vCPU, 1v1, 2v1, 2v2, CPUvCPU, local or online).
- Skip customization and compete for top leaderboard scores with standardized teams and settings (locked player attributes) in Standard Season and Standard Elimination modes (1vCPU, 2vCPU, local or online).