343 Industries is keeping its community informed about everything it needs to know about the impending release of the PC version of Halo 3. In a new developer post, the team has outlined the upcoming beta, or “flight”, including what features players will be able to experience once it goes live. They did not provide information about when the beta would begin, but it’s likely to be in the very near future as the list of game options is pretty extensive. Once the beta is complete, Halo 3 will be added to the Halo: The Master Chief Collection for PC.
During the upcoming beta, players will be able to check out a number of new and improved features to bring the game up to 2020 PC gaming standards. It was originally released in 2007 so it should be a marked improvement.
Here is what players selected for beta testing will be able to peek at:
- Social Games: 4v4, 8p FFA, 12p Infection, 8v8
- Competitive: H3 Team Hardcore (4v4), H3 Team Slayer (4v4) H3 Team Doubles (2v2)
- Halo 3 Multiplayer: Construct, Guardian, Last Resort, Narrows, Sandtrap, The Pit, Valhalla, Foundry, Standoff, Avalanche, Sandbox, and Heretic
- Missions Sierra 177, The Storm, The Ark, The Covenant, and Halo
Settings & control options
- Settings – Controls: Configure Mouse & Keyboard and Configure Gamepad
- Settings – Video: Field-Of-View, Vehicle Field-Of-View, Gamma, Window Mode, Aspect Ratio, Resolution Scale, V-Sync, HUD Anchoring, Unified Medal Display, Framerate Limit, and Graphics Quality
- Settings – Audio: Game Volume including Menu Music Volume, Game Music Volume, Effects Volume, Voice Chat Volume. Also, Voice Chat Channel, Push to Talk Voice Chat, and Multiplayer Game Sounds
- Settings – Gameplay: Crosshair Position, Show Invite Notifications, Enemy Player Name Color, Multiplayer Game Timer, and Credits
- Settings – Network: Network and Relays
- Settings Accessibility: Subtitles, Change Language, Convert Text-To-Speech, and Convert Speech-To-Text
The newsletter goes into great detail about the process of bug fixing, customer support loops, and much more. Check it all out on the Halo 3 official site and get a peek at the multiplayer screenshots while you’re reading!