MMORPGs used to be the kings of the gaming heap but with the rise of consoles and mobile gaming, not to mention the length of time to create them, the development of new games in the genre has slowed in recent years. However, developer Artificial Core is ready to set the MMO world aflame again with its announcement of Corepunk, an upcoming MMORPG set in “an open-world immersive sci-fi universe”. The best part is that developers are planning beta testing as early as late 2020!
Corepunk features include:
- a seamless open world
- detailed environments with four distinct cultures
- a world ready for discovery that includes cities, hidden camps, uncharted deserts and much more
- random order of quests — find one and do it without any specific order necessary
- characters with distinct fighting styles and abilities
- an extensive economic system
- crafting and trading
- branching quests
- fog of war system, dynamic weather, day/night cycles
- PvP with both Honor and Karma systems
- “lore, arenas, battlegrounds, guilds, farms, randomly generated dungeons, raids, crafting, mining
“Corepunk represents a synthesis of our favorite settings and themes from science fiction,” says Eugene Kiver, Producer of Corepunk. “Over the course of five years, we’ve expanded our team to over 100 people to ensure our vision of the ultimate futuristic fantasy comes to life. We can’t wait to have MMORPG fans live out their technocratic dreams with us.”
Learn more about Corepunk on its official site.