Firefly Studios has announced that its latest “castle sim” game, Stronghold: Warlords, has officially launched for PC. Players can purchase the strategy game on Steam, GoG, Humble, and via other online retailers. To celebrate launch day, developers have released a brand new trailer showcasing graphics and gameplay.
The game explores the time period from 300 BC China to 16th Century Japan and offers players a chance to face off some of the era’s most iconic leaders including Genghis Khan and Thuc Phan. According to the development team, this is a brand new setting for the long-running series.
- Conquer and command warlords across the battlefield unlocking more powerful castles, armies, and abilities.
- Relive historical campaigns from 3rd century BC China, to the rise of the Tokugawa shogunate and the coming of the Mongol Empire.
- Recruit new units including imperial fire lancers, disciplined samurai, Mongolian horse archers, and deadly ninja.
- Raze your enemies with the arrival of gunpowder and new siege weapons like the hwacha arrow launcher, siege tower, and fire oxen!
- Become the greatest lord through fear or admiration using a range of medieval entertainment, taxation, and torture.
Check out the new trailer and then head to the Stronghold: Warlords official site to learn more.