Pearl Abyss has announced that console players of its flagship MMO, Black Desert Online, will be able to participate in cross-play with one another. Xbox One and PlayStation 4 players will be able to choose to play BDO on cross-play or platform-exclusive servers.
The big news comes with a plethora of other interesting updates as well:
- Conquest and Node Wars on regional cross-play servers will begin on March 8th.
- The Archer character class and the Kamasylvia region are now part of the PlayStation 4 version to bring it into parity with the Xbox One version.
- A new in-game event has been added for both new and returning players. During the event, they will be able to acquire the Cliff and Awakening weapon boxes by completing a series of special quests.
- Players can earn special rewards by collecting treasure chests by the sea. Rewards include Vlak’s Cry and Memory Fragments.
- From now through March 18th, BDO for PS4 is 25% off and players can purchase the game’s premium currency, Pearls, for 10% off. PlayStation Plus players will have the discounts doubled.
- Xbox One players can purchase BDO for 50% off and Pearls are 20% off.
Check out the Black Desert Online console site to learn more.