Back in the nineties, when I could just about reach the keyboard, shareware demos were my introduction to PC gaming. One of these visceral treasures was the cult FPS classic Blood. Now, it is back in 4K glory with the release of Blood: Fresh Supply.
Out now across a number of digital stores, Blood: Fresh Supply is a fully updated and restored interpretation of the original game. Blood: Fresh Supply drops players back into the boots of Caled, an undead gunslinger who is out for revenge. The dark god Chernobog has done him a disservice and he is out for some serious payback. What follows is a first-person assault using an arsenal of standard and occult weaponry. Gore splashes across dungeons as Caled fights off the undead hordes, including cultists, gargoyles, zombies, hellhounds, and an unholy host of other terrors.
The new adventure includes a number of enhancements. So many that you can find them listed below
- Vulkan, DirectX 11 and OpenGL 3.2 support, play with unlocked framerates!
- Antialiasing, Ambient Occlusion, V-sync and Interpolation support
- Support for high resolutions including 4K monitors
- Fully customizable keyboard and controller pad support
- Extended modding support, including support for already existing mods
- Completely rewritten netcode supports up to 8 players:
- Play online in co-operative mode, kill each other in “Bloodbath” or split the difference in classic 4v4 team-based “Capture The Flag” mayhem
- Battle it out in local split-screen action
- Roll your own soundtrack with full CD and MIDI music support
- Look fully up and down with a new 3D view, or stick with the classic BUILD-engine style!
A collaboration between Nightdive Studios and Atari, Blood: Fresh Supply looks like a massive leap forward for the original game and comes from a team of developers that have a history of updating the classics. If you’ve had an opportunity to try the restored versions of System Shock 2, System Shock EE, Turok, Turok 2: Seeds of Evil, or Forsaken Remastered then you will know what to expect. High definition blood, unlocked framerates, and the ability to look up are all available right now on Humble Store, GoG, and Steam. If you want to learn more about Blood: Fresh Supply, you can head over to the official NIghtdive Studios website, just make sure you plug in your 33.3k baud modem before dialing.