Super Mega Baseball 3 is aiming to fill a void in players’ lives now that the 2020-2021 Major League Baseball season is on hold thanks to the ongoing pandemic. To help baseball fans fill the gap, the development team has released a brand new video that dives into some of the game’s new features.
Some of the new features in SMB3 include:
- Franchise mode with deep team and player management
- upgrades to currently existing game modes
- new content for SMB3
- updated customization options
- the import option that allows players to import their custom rosters from SMB2
SMB3 has been prepared for launch in April 2020 on Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC via Steam. However, due to the pandemic, developers may soon be announcing a delay as a result of logistical issues. “Metalhead is not ready to announce a change from the April window yet, but is optimistic that if there is a delay, it will be minor”.
Check out the Super Mega Baseball 3 official site to learn more.
About Super Mega Baseball 3
- Challenge your hand-eye coordination or relax and hit dingers with fluid gameplay that scales seamlessly from novice to beyond-expert levels of difficulty.
- Apply and refine your baseball instincts with a sophisticated baseball simulation featuring new pickoff and stealing mechanics, wild pitches/passed balls, designated hitters, and situational player traits.
- Take in the sights and sounds of 14 richly detailed ballparks, each featuring unique day, night and alternate lighting conditions.
- Guide an evolving team to greatness over multiple seasons in the all-new Franchise mode featuring player development, aging, retirement, and signing/releasing of free agents (1vCPU, 2vCPU, local or online).
- Compete online to win pennants and climb to higher divisions in the cross-platform Pennant Race mode (1v1, online-only, controller only).
- Create your ideal league with a comprehensive customization suite that includes season length/structure, team names/uniforms/logos, and player names/appearance/attributes.
- Play or simulate any combination of games/teams in customized Seasons and Elimination brackets, solo or with friends (1vCPU, 2vCPU, 1v1, 2v1, 2v2, CPUvCPU, local or online).