Bohemia Interactive has announced the arrival of a spooky Halloween event in DayZ. The event will run from October 28th to November 2nd. In addition, those who choose to participate and want to purchase the game can do so with a sweet 40% discount on the base game and 20% off of the Livonia DLC. The Xbox version will be on sale through November 2nd. The Steam PC version will be on sale from October 29th to November 2nd. The PlayStation 4 version will be on sale from October 30th to November 20th.
During the Halloween Event, players will be able to take part in a number of themed events throughout the game world including:
- Pumpkin (plant) spawns in farm areas
- There is an increased amount of light sources spawning
- Infected have a random chance to spawn with the Pumpkin Helmet or the red Headtorch
- Player spawns with an additional item (roadflare)
- It is always sunset. Fog increased as well.
- There is a “dark” night for everyone
- Cows, Deers, Pigs, Roedeers, and Boars don’t spawn.
- There are a lot more wolves pack on the map. They also hunt in a larger area of the map.
Learn more on the DayZ official site.
The post-soviet country of Chernarus is struck by an unknown virus, turning the majority population into frenzied infected. Fighting over resources has bred a hostile mentality among survivors, driving what’s left of humanity to collapse. You are one of the few immune to the virus – how far will you go to survive?
DayZ is an unforgiving, authentic, open-world sandbox online game where each one of 60 players on a server follows a single goal – to survive as long as they can, by all means necessary. Every decision matters – with no save games, and no extra lives, every mistake can be lethal. If you die, you lose everything and start over.