The DayZ development team has gone on record on Twitter to confirm that the game is heading to XBox Game Preview sometime in 2018. In addition, though there is no confirmed arrival window, the team also said that the game will be coming to PlayStation 4. “We’ll release there too, eventually – just don’t know when yet.”
The fulfills the Bohemia Interactive’s comments earlier this year when the zombie survival game would be coming out of Early Access in 2018. Additionally, devs said that the survival game would be heading out to multiple platforms in the future.
The world has been hit by a new and presently unknown infection which has wiped out most of the population. You are one of the few that have survived and now you must search this new wasteland in order to fight for your life against what is left of the indigenous population now infected with the disease. Go solo, team up with friends or take on the world, as you choose your path in this brutal and chilling landscape using whatever means you stumble upon to survive.
This game is a gritty, authentic, open-world survival horror hybrid-MMO game, in which players follow a single goal: to survive in the harsh post-apocalyptic landscape as long as they can. Players can experience powerful events and emotions arising from the ever-evolving emergent gameplay. There are no superficial tips, waypoints, built in tutorials or help given to players. Every decision matters, there are no save games, no extra lives, every mistake can be lethal. If you fail, you lose everything and you need to play again from the beginning with nothing but your wits, and your two hands. Fight the hostile environment, where every other player can be friend or foe and nothing can be taken for granted.
- Chernarus – 230 sq. km chunk of post soviet state, featuring deep forests, cities, villages, abandoned military bases, and more..
- Up to 60 players per server – Rich server / client architecture developed from scratch.
- Persistent player profile – Key player data is persistent across all servers.
- Inventory – Combine various clothing items, equipment and carry all of the items that you will need to survive the harsh new environment in the open and intuitive inventory system developed to answer the needs of crafting and character customization.
- Crafting – In the apocalyptic world of DayZ, resources are sparse and every useful bit should be utilized. Items or equipment can be improved, turned into something else or fixed using the new crafting mechanisms.
- Weapon customization – Use customizable firearms with authentic ballistics and weapon characteristics as well as melee weapons to protect yourself against all the dangers a survivor may face.
- Customizable clothing – Customize your survivor with a multitude of new clothing items that can be scavenged from the remnants of civilization, which provide various degree of protection against the elements, infected, and other survivors.