The follow up to the wildly successful Element TD, Element TD 2, has just launched into Early Access via Steam.
Long after the original Element TD launched back in early 2017, Element TD2 is about to challenge players all over again with a refreshed mix of action, strategy, and up to date graphics that should make it stand well apart from its forebearer. Element TD 2 brings together the powers of Light, Darkness, Water, Fire, Mature, and Earth to expand upon 15 years of multiplayer experience, as Element Studios plunge players into a new twist on a familiar adventure.
This new stand-alone title moves on from the original mod, which was downloaded over 5 million times across Warcraft 3, StarCraft 2 and Dota 2. This brand new game comes with a ton of expanded content, 44 towers, unique upgrade paths, and a ton of replay value. The game supports a range of modes, with co-op available for 8 to eight players all at once, and a range of challenges to test even the sturdiest of defences.
“As a mod, Element TD has evolved through many iterations since 2005, but it was always restricted by the game that it was attached to.” says CEO, Evan Hatampour. “With Element TD 2, we’ve rebuilt it from the ground up as a standalone title, allowing us to expand it in ways that were never possible before. New Maps, modes, co-op, achievements, cosmetics, lobby systems, and even a campaign.”
Some of the games key features include:
- 44 towers with unique elemental abilities created through multiple upgrade paths.
- Co-op mode that lets up to 8 players to team up at once.
- 55 waves to truly challenge your defences, culminating in an endless boss.
- 9 maps to test your tactics on diverse layouts.
- 10 Modifiers to significantly alter the gameplay to your liking.
- 6 elements to empower your towers to create powerful diverse defences.
- Global servers allow for cross-region multiplayer.
- Leaderboards to compete against other players for the top score.
- Replay support to showcase your victories and learn strategies from others.
- Unlockable cosmetics allows you to customize your builder.
- Duel mode places 2 players head to head in one area.
If you want to find out more, check out the official Steam Store page now, or just take a glimpse at the trailer above. Element TD 2 is available now via Steam Early Access for £7.99 / $9.99 or local equivalent.