- The Settlement outposts can have a variety of states as follows: Active, Abandoned, War, Damaged, Online, Online Damaged, Offline, Offline Damaged or Conflict Zone.
- It is possible to kill everyone and loot the outpost, however, the consequences will be severe. Outposts will send for reinforcements that will become progressively tougher but not infinite.
- Settlements won’t stay empty forever. They will repopulate over time.
- NPCs will not spawn randomly in the ‘wilderness’, however, they may stumble across you at a place of interest.
- The original cast of engineers will remain, and they will be joined by a new group – all of whom you will be able to meet in person for the first time.
- You’ll be able to take advantage of certain environmental elements for a tactical advantage. If you want to stand next to big red barrels feel free to…
- You will be able to bring down settlement defenses, allowing others to enter the combat zones in vehicles. Powering down a settlement will also allow you to access restricted areas.
- Settlement defenses are quite potent, without shutting them off first you may find yourself suddenly without that ORCA…
Elite Dangerous: Odyssey allows Commanders to engage in missions, emergent quests and intense tactical combat on foot for the first time, seamlessly merging with Elite Dangerous’ iconic cockpit experience. The expansion has recently been delayed.