Season 8 is coming to Epic’s Fortnite, bringing with it the new battle pass. To help bring players up to speed, the developers have released the overview video you can find above as well as patch notes that are available on the official site.
Let’s dive right into it!
Fortnite Battle Royale
- New Locations – Explore new points of interest that emerged with the Volcano, such as Sunny Steps and Lazy Lagoon.
- Pirate Cannon can damage enemy locations or structures by launching a cannonball. Orrr you can launch yourself instead!
- Limited time mode 50v50. Each team has a bus, approaching the island from opposite directions. The map has a dotted line, which indicates the “battle lines” between the two teams. Crossing the line will make running into enemies more likely. Farming materials increased 25% over default, chests & Ammo Crates spawn more often than usual, and carry extra ammo.
- Limited time mode Close Encounters. Players start with a Jetpack in their inventory. The only guns in this mode are the various types of Shotguns. The Storm moves in more quickly than normal mid to late game.
- New battle pass – a new season also means a brand new Battle Pass. Over 100 new exclusive rewards are ready for you to unlock, and it still costs the same 950 V-bucks. This season, you get the Blackheart and Hybrid progressive outfits instantly when you purchase the Battle Pass, both of which can level-up to unlock new styles.
New to Season 8: Party Assist! Before a match, you can pick a Daily or Weekly challenge and get assistance from your friends to help you complete it! Team up with a friend to complete these new social challenges together.
- Voice Chat Updates.
- Jungle Temple Theme
- Playgrounds update – Renovations have been made to Playground, moving it over to Creative and allowing even more friends to join in on the fun!
- Islands now sport time of day customization and load much more quickly
Save the World
The new Hero Loadout system is here! This is a major change that impacts many areas of the game. See the Hero Loadout blog for details!
Play your way with the new Hero Loadout overhaul! Customize your playstyle by mixing-and-matching new and unique perks for each Hero. Choose a Commander, five Support Team members, and one team perk to tailor the way you play.
- Love Storm. Homebase has fallen victim to a virulent love outbreak, and it’s up to Ray and company to break it off before things get too serious.
- Plankerton got a visual update, now featuring the new Lakeside biome.
- Performance has been optimized.
- 8 new heroes added to the game.
- Ability balance changes, bug fixes and gameplay enhancements.
Find the full list of changes here.