Heroes of the Storm team has been busy with the updates coming to the game. Of the particular note is the hero role expansion originally announced during Blizzcon. Instead of the familiar split between Assassin, Specialist, Warrior, Multiclass and Support, the team has expanded the roles to the following:
- Melee Assassin
- Ranged Assassin
Check out the dedicated blog post to learn more about each individial role and who’s what now!
In addition to the role rework, the patch notes mention some interesting things coming to the game in the near future.
New Event: Caldeum Complex
Much like the previous events such as Alterac, Fall of the King’s Crest and others, the new event titled Caldeum Complex will give players a quest chain to complete for some sweet rewards. Check it out below or visit the blog post for a sneak peak at the lore of the latest event:
- Make Contact with the Dragons: Capture 8 Mercenary camps in winning games
- Reward: Azure Dragons Spray and 3 Day Boost
- Meet the Azure Prophet: Win 2 games as a Melee or Ranged Assassin
- Reward: Azure Dragon Chromie Portrait and a Caldeum Complex Loot Chest
- Earn the Turtles’ Trust: Contribute 25,000 XP in winning games
- Reward: Onyx Turtles Spray and 250 Gold
- Spar with Kharazim: Win 2 Games as Healer or Support
- Reward: Onyx Turtle Kharazim Portrait and Cyberpunk Phrases Pack
- Join the Tigers’ Hunt: Kill 150 Minions in winning games
- Reward: Ivory Tigers Spray and 250 Gold
- Prove Your Valor to Johanna: Win 2 games as Tank or Bruiser
- Reward: Ivory Tiger Johanna Portrait and a Caldeum Complex Loot Chest
- Take Down the CyberOni Butcher: Achieve 50 takedowns in winning games
- Reward: Jigoku Cybernetics Spray and Jigoku Cybernetics Butcher Portrait
- Raid Jigoku Cybernetics Research Facility: Destroy 10 Forts or Keeps in winning games
- Reward: Jigoku Cyber Oni Warboar and 500 Gold
Starting the week of March 26, all Loot chests earned through progression (except Hero-specific Chests), Heroes Brawl, or by spending Gold will be Caldeum Complex Loot Chests. These loot chests guarantee at least one item from the Caldeum Complex or previous years’ Lunar New Year Spring events. Carve out your place among the infamous gangs and score yourself some sweet loot before the streets calm on April 30!
Note: Loot Chests earned prior to the start of this event will not become Caldeum Complex Loot Chests.
As always, a new event means new skins! Chromie, Karazim, Butcher and Lucio are in for a treat this time.
Hero League and Team League have been merged into a single ranked queue: Storm League. Players must have 16 or more Heroes available and account level 50 or above to queue for Storm League.
Lucio and Chromie have received major reworks while Lunara got a light tweak. Check out the blog post for more details!