One of 2021’s most keenly anticipated games is Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl. It will be available across a number of platforms starting on October 5th including Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and PC retailing for $49.99. However, up to recently, not much has been revealed. That changed late last week when Ludosity CEO Joel Nystrom spent some time with Game Informer editors to talk about the forthcoming game.
Here are some of the interesting details Nystrom announced:
- The game is a joint effort between Ludosity and GameMill.
- Playable characters will all come from Nickelodeon cartoons.
- Online play is a central component with a “great lobby system for casual and ranked play”.
- Multiplayer will feature lobbies and Quick Match in all modes such as Sports Ball.
- Competitive play is a core pillar of the game.
- 20 playable characters will ship with the initial release with 2 more coming “soon after”.
- Additional DLC characters will be revealed later.
- Every character’s moves are “referenced from the shows”.
- Ren & Stimpy work as a “single duo character”.
Check out the Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl official site to learn more.