EA and BioWare have surprised everyone with today’s stealth launch of the Cataclysm content expansion for Anthem. It comes packed with new story missions but most importantly, it brings Cataclysm on board. This is a completely new game mode with a heavy focus on team play.
Players will face off against time and dangerous environmental hazards as they race to “unlock secrets and master the Cataclysm to earn all-new rewards”. In addition, there is a leaderboard available for those who like to compete against others.
This is what the blog on the Anthem site said about Cataclysm:
- Inversions – Sets of gameplay modifiers that impact how you face the challenges of the Cataclysm.
- Leaderboards – Finishing content in the Cataclysm mode adds to your score. Your score is updated to the leaderboard at the end of your run.
- Seasonal Currency – Complete challenges and content to earn Minor and Major Crystals. Spend that currency on the rewards in the Seasonal Store.
- Seasonal Store – A new store that features time-limited rewards for purchase with the seasonal currency.
Players will also find a number of Alliance System changes that allow both Guild and Friends “when calculating social rewards”. Guild members will also be able to create, join, and chat with others thanks to a specially-created mobile app. At the moment, we do not have word if it is yet available.
There are also a number of changes and bug fixes across several main features:
- legendary contract chest change
- luck change
- weapon tweaks
- difficulty changes
- gear updates
- support system updates
- changes to melee items
- bug fixes and feature tweaks
Check it all out on the official site.