EA developers took time out yesterday to lay out the details about some big changes coming to FIFA 21 and its Career Mode. Nearly every system within Career Mode has been touched upon and devs are excited about what’s in store for players. To show off some of what can be expected when the game launches on October 9th, a brand new trailer was released.
There’s a lot to unpack in the changes, but players can expect to see better player development, schedules, AI, transfers, schedules, matches, training, and much more. No one says it better than the devs themselves.
- Interactive Match Sim: A whole new way to play out your season. Jump in and out of gameplay during matches to control the outcome of the match, change the course of a game by controlling key moments like penalties and free kicks, and make changes directly from the sim as you monitor your players’ performance levels and the match stats.
- Player Development: Enjoy more control over your players’ growth in FIFA 21. New position training lets you turn marauding right backs into right wingers, goal-scoring midfielders into false 9s, and more, while new development plans let you focus your squad’s development in the areas you want to match your team’s style of play.
- Match Sharpness and Active Training: Get more insight into your squad’s performance levels with match sharpness, a new attribute that indicates how likely your players are to perform in the most crucial moments during the course of a game. Increase sharpness with a new Active Training System that gives you the ability to set up group training sessions to improve the likelihood of your strikers putting big chances away, or of defenders making the key tackles that make the difference between winning and losing.
- Schedule Planning: Plan your team’s training schedule with a new activity management system. Decide when to train and when to rest during the week as you balance your players’ sharpness with morale and fitness to keep your team firing on all cylinders.
- Overhauled Opposition AI: Enhanced opposition AI sees opponents approach games with more intelligence in both defence and attack. New systems create more informed AI decision-making in marking, tackling, passing and dribbling to present you with more challenges during each match, keeping your Career fresh from game to game.
- New Transfer Options: Enhanced transfer realism provides both human and AI-controlled teams with new ways to sign players. Make Loan to Buy offers with future transfer fees to secure new talent for your team, and respond to AI manager-initiated player swap proposals as you look to bolster your squad each transfer window.
Check out the trailer and then head to the FIFA 21 official site to learn more.