The Crusader Kings 3 team has taken to the airwaves to give its community a peek into the cultural and religious aspects of the game and their importance to the overall experience. Faith is a key component in the game utilized to keep a commander’s communities prosperous. It is only one aspect of society, however, with each one needing the sovereign’s attention. It will take a wise and present ruler to keep track of everything needed to maintain a successful kingdom.
The video developer diary accompanies extensive written diaries on the game’s official site. Each one explores a different component of the game. Topics include:
- Custom Faiths and Pagan Reformation
- A Medieval Tapestry
- Holy Orders
- Heresies and Doctrines
- Map Features and Map Modes
- Map Scope
- Cultures and Cultural Innovations
- Art Focus
CK3 is heading for release on PC in September 2020 and is considered a “grand strategy” game. It is currently up for preorder on Steam for $49.99 for the base edition or for $74.99 for the Royal Edition.
Check out the latest video before heading to the Crusader Kings 3 official site to read up on the rest linked above.
About Crusader Kings 3
Paradox Development Studio brings you the sequel to one of the most popular strategy games ever made. Crusader Kings III is the heir to a long legacy of historical grand strategy experiences and arrives with a host of new ways to ensure the success of your royal house.
- Choose a royal or noble house from a number of realms on a map that stretches from Iceland to India, from the Arctic Circle to Central Africa.
- Guide a dynasty through the centuries, ensuring the security and power of each new generation. Gather new lands and titles to cement your legacy.
- Be a pious king to bring the religious powers to your side, or strike out on your own, designing your own splinter religion and earning everlasting fame or eternal damnation.
- Knights, peasant revolts, pilgrimages, Viking raiders…experience the drama and pageantry of the Middle Ages.