Fans of angling will be happy to hear that Fishing: Barents Sea will be setting sail for consoles on December 11th. The game comes with all of the content released for PC and is considered the “complete edition”. It will be released for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and on Nintendo Switch a bit later.
- Line & Net Ships DLC on release
- King Crab DLC will be released as part of a free post-launch update
The game sees players taking on the role of a ship’s captain as they set off to explore the Norwegian sea in a search for the best fishing zones. Players begin with a small ship but gradually upgrade to bigger and better ships by catching and selling fish.
- Unreal 4 Engine for a beautiful open world environment
- A huge map based on real landscapes in Norway
- Dynamic day, night and moon cycles
- Seasonal time effects and shifting weather
- Seven playable ships
- Semi-realistic fishing methods – easy to learn, hard to master
- Advanced fish AI that influences your prey’s behavior
- Includes licensed Catch Control Systems by Scanmar and officially licensed Hermes trawler
- Inventory system to store knives, hooks, and binoculars
- A beautiful and lively environment with AI ships and fishing boats
Learn more on the Fishing: Barents Sea official site.