Portal Knights, the fantasy sandbox RPG form 505 games and Keen Games gets an expansion today. Get ready to grab the Druids, Furfolk, and Relic Defense pack.
Arriving across PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC, the Druids, Furfolk, and Relic Defense add on for this adventure brings a huge range of extras to the Portal Knights experience. Players will now be able to experience the immersive and colorful 3D worlds or Portal Knights through the eyes of an extra class. Introducing the Druid for the first time, the action-RPG allows this new arrival to embrace their wild side and transform into a variety of forms while shape-shifting through a variety of worlds. The Druid inherits a range of unique abilities and attacks, including a ferocious bear, a spine-chilling spider, and areally gross slime. In addition to the Druid, a new race also appears in the expansion. The ferocious Furfolk provide an opportunity to play with this furry-ious new race with customizable fur colors, ears, muzzles and more!
The Druids, Furfolk, and Relic Defense also add plenty of places to explore too. Three new arenas pack in plenty of action. Gamers will need to defend ancient relics called the Star Stones from waves of enemies. Druids and Furlocks will need to craft traps and magical bombardments if they are going to survive to collect heroic rewards such as the mythical unicorn and dragon mounts.
The expansion will set knights back £7.99 but all is not lost if you can’t afford to pick up this pack right away. A free update is also coming to the game. It includes the following:
- Basic mounts now available for all players including horses, pigs and more – available at NPC merchants throughout the land of Elysia
- Musical pressure plates are now available for in-game purchase in Portal Knights adventure mode. Team up with friends and make beautiful music together!
- Creative Mode additions including waypoints set for enemies and new items to help players build their very own race tracks for newly earned mounts.
- PC ONLY: Players can edit the text of NPCs and create their own mini-adventures!
- Bug fixes and stability improvements throughout Portal Knights
While this expansion has yet to hit Nintendo Switch, you can expect it soon. Anybody looking to jump in right away can roll a Druid and pick up the Portal Knights expansion over at the Microsoft Games Store, PlayStation Store, and Steam now.