Publisher Paradox Interactive and developers from Iceflake Studios have taken to Steam to tease Update 12 Nuclear Winter coming to strategy Surviving the Aftermath, currently available in Steam Early Access. The theme and name for Update 12 have changed from what the team initially envisioned and communicated via the roadmap but the devs are still very excited to bring the Winter Catastrophe into the game just in time for the actual winter.
This month we’re introducing a completely new Winter Catastrophe to the game, so better make sure your Colonists have a warm place to rest their heads every night. We’re also expanding the list of Quests with 13 brand new adventures, and introducing a lot of changes to how Specialists interact with the World Map.
About Surviving the Aftermath:
Survive and thrive in a post-apocalyptic future — resources are scarce but opportunity calls. Build the ultimate disaster proof colony, protect your colonists, and restore civilization to a devastated world.
Go beyond the colony and explore the wastelands to gather resources, meet rival colonies, and fight off bandits.
- No Place Like Home: Build and manage a colony of survivors after a world-ending event. Construct more than 61 unique buildings to handle everything from resource collection and farming to exploration and security.
- Surviving Earth: Explore a vast procedurally generated world featuring six different biomes filled with resources, wildlife, rival societies and more.
- Survival Is My Specialty: Recruit over 80 unique Specialists, each with their own skills and motivations, to manage your colony’s resources and production. Send them beyond the Gate on scientific missions, scavenger runs, and to fight bandits.
- Expect the Unexpected: Life in the aftermath requires you to make moral choices. You may not be able to control everything in your colony, but how you respond to situations and emergent events will shape the character of your new civilization.
- Reputation Management: Every decision can have dire consequences on your colony’s survival. Your reputation with other societies will affect your ability to trade and can even affect your relationship with their leaders. Colonists have a mind of their own and will react to your choices.
- Defend The Gate: Fortify your gates and protect your colony from rampaging animals and deadly bandits. Enemies who breach the gate will pour into your colony, wreaking havoc on everything in their wake.