Given how hot The Witcher is these days, Switch owners will definitely want to take note. CD Projekt Red’s trading card game, Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales, is now available for Nintendo Switch for $19.99. The game is a single-player standalone version of Gwent, the card game that is seen in The Witcher series. It is said to “combine narrative-driven exploration with unique puzzles and card battle mechanics”.
The Switch version joins the party a bit late compared to other versions. The PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 versions that have been out since late 2018.
Learn more about Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales by visiting the Nintendo Switch page.
About Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales
AN ALL-NEW EPIC TALE
- Experience an all-new 30-hour Witcher world tale with 20 possible world end-states.
- Embark on a grand adventure full of thought-provoking quests.
- Influence the state of the world around you by making difficult choices and face their consequences.
- Meet a cast of rich, multidimensional characters — some of them will join you on your quest, others you’ll have to face on the battlefield.
- Explore new and mysterious regions of the monster-infested world of The Witcher.
- Traverse vast lands and unique locations, all with their distinct theme — from vibrant countrysides and war-torn landscapes to grand castles and snow-capped mountains.
- Save villages from hordes of monsters, look for treasures hidden among ancient ruins, scour the land for resources, and more — the world of Thronebreaker is teeming with things to do.
- Develop and customize your very own battle camp.
- Train and recruit units, unlock new skills and work on your tactics.
- Manage resources you find and trade them with local merchants.
- Learn more about your companions and increase their strength in battle.
- Build an army from characters you meet and interact with during your journey.
- Fight in epic story battles and solve unique puzzles and challenges.
- Use unique skills and abilities of your army and lead it to victory.