Epic’s Battle Royale Fortnite continues to grow and evolve. The company published the latest round of v9.10 Patch Notes on the official site to let players know what they can expect to find in the game. Let’s check ’em out!
Fortnite Battle Royale
New feature: Hot Spots. Every match, select named locations will be marked in gold text on the map. These Hot Spots represent the presence of Loot Carriers. Shoot down the carriers for additional high-quality weapons.
Limited Time Mode Rotation:
- Sniper Shootout Duos – Sniper Rifles only. Downed players are eliminated instantly. May the best aim win!
- Unvaulted Squads – Battle Royale gameplay with a limited set of weapons made up entirely of items that are vaulted in the standard modes.
- Close Encounters Squads – Close quarters combat with Shotguns & Jetpacks!
- Nerf to Shadow Bombs
- Unvaulted Semi-Auto Sniper Rifle – available in Uncommon and Rare variants in Vending Machines, Chests, and Floor Loot
- Combat shotgun availability nerf
Battle Royale mode will also receive a variety of bug fixes and gameplay enhancements.
Fortnite Save the World
New Wargames simulation: Space Rocks. Players will face a quick flurry of meteorites or one massive meteor at the end of each wave. Be sure to blast those meteors out of the sky or build some shelter!
New Soldier Hero – Rex Jonesy.
- Standard Perk: Saurian Might
- Every 1 second, adds 3% of Current Health to Damage of next Ranged Weapon hit.
- Commander Perk: Saurian Might+
- Every 1 second, adds 9% of Current Health to Damage of next Ranged Weapon hit.
- Available in the Event Store on May 22 at 8 PM Eastern Time
A variety of bug fixes, performance enhancements, and tweaks.
Creative – Fortnite x Jordan
New Crossover – Fortnite x Jordan
Show off your moves in the New York City inspired, Downtown Drop LTM by Jordan featuring Creative artists NotNellaf & Tollmolia. Launch off massive jumps, grind down city streets and collect coins to win!
Score big when you cop the Hang Time Bundle. Get the Grind Outfit, Clutch Outfit, and a challenge pack unique to the set.
All players will have the chance to jump into The Downtown Drop LTM and complete free challenges to unlock the Back Board Back Bling and it’s additional nine style variants. If you own the Hang Time set, you’ll have access to more challenges to unlock additional rewards including styles for the Grind and Clutch outfits as well as four unique sprays.
Haunted Hills Theme – create your own eerie islands using the new Haunted Hills theme! Includes several prefab and gallery sets for all your creepy creations.