Modus Games has announced that Rustler will be launching into Steam Early Access sometime in early 2021. The game sees players unleash their inner bad guy by allowing them to bend, spindle, and mutilate the rules. “Pimp your horse, launch cows at your enemies, and live the hilariously unhinged medieval life that you deserve,” the official PR reads. Players can also steal horses, betray enemies and allies alike, and just generally be a rotten individual. The goal in all the mayhem is to win The Great Tournament and the hand of the Princess for the effort. Protagonist “Guy” is willing to do whatever it takes to attain his goal.
The best part is that players can try out the Prologue demo for free. It is currently available on Steam and provides the story introduction to the game. The demo shows Guy’s intentions and way of life as a poor peasant and sets him up for entry into The Great Tournament.
Features of the full game include:
- Grand Theft Horse: Wreak havoc in a medieval world inspired by classic GTA gameplay.
- Wear the Crown: As a poor civilian, you’ll need to get creative in order to win the Great Tournament. Form weird alliances, double-cross your foes, and dig up dinosaur skeletons (because, why not?).
- A Medieval Sandbox: How you progress is up to you. Spend your time completing quests, wreaking havoc, and having a laugh at the expense of others.
- A Lot of Horsin’ Around: Shoot cows into the sky, drag your neighbors through the mud, toss some holy hand grenades, or draw fancy pictures in the field with a plow.
- Minstrelsy of Power: Hire a musical companion to play the tunes you like and add a powerful soundtrack to your adventures.
Check out the Rustler Steam page to download the demo and to find out more about the game.