Video game publisher, Merge Games, announced that their forthcoming ported dungeon crawler, Vaporum, coming to the Nintendo Switch next week (digitally only) will be available on May 17th in one of their Signature Edition packages. Signature Editions are physical versions of the standard game but with extra gaming goodies. The standard Nintendo Switch edition will be available on May 17th as well and retail for $34.99 USD while the Signature Edition will cost you $49.99 USD. Merge Games has given this treatment in the past to other great Nintendo Switch ports including Aragami and Darkest Dungeon.
This version of the Signature Edition includes:
- Physical copy of Vaporum
- The Art of Vaporum – Artbook
- 2 X Original design enamel pins
- Vaporum Soundtrack Disc
- Serialised certificate with digital signatures
- Outer packaging featuring alternative artwork
Check back with us next week as we unveil our review of Vaporum on the Nintendo Switch!
Vaporum is a grid-based, single-player dungeon crawler game, that uses a first-person perspective in an original steampunk setting. The game is inspired by old-school games like Dungeon Master I and II, the Eye of the Beholder series and the more recent Legend of Grimrock I and II.
Stranded in the middle of an ocean, in front of a gigantic tower, you, the hero must find out what the place is, what happened there, and most importantly, who you are.
- Fight in real time – First-person real-time combat with deadly foes with varied abilities and behaviours.
- Fully voiced main characters – Find out what happened to the inhabitants of the tower with fully voiced phono-diaries kept by the main story’s protagonists.
- Tonnes of customisation options – The gadget-based RPG system allows you to evolve your exoskeleton and define your own playstyle.
- Absorb “fumium” from defeated enemies – Unlock additional circuits in your exoskeleton and gain new bonuses and skills.
- Plenty of Puzzles – Solve level-wide objectives and puzzles that vary in difficulty.
- Exploration and loot – Look for optional passages filled with additional challenges and rewards.
- What happened in the mysterious tower? – A story that is full of dark secrets and unexpected twists.
- Tactical Combat – Use various attacks and read your opponents – each enemy has a different set of strengths and weaknesses.
- Immersive steampunk setting – Beautiful graphics, stunning sound design and an atmosphere that makes you aware of the constant danger lurking around every corner.